Silver Peak develops data center-class WAN optimization software that maximizes WAN performance while minimizing WAN costs. The company's unique network approach to WAN optimization delivers unprecedented scalability and flexibility, making Silver Peak's WAN optimization solution a strategic enabler for key IT initiatives, including data center consolidation, data migration, disaster recovery, server centralization, and global application/desktop virtualization.
Virtual Acceleration Open Architecture (VXOA) is Silver Peak's award-winning WAN optimization software. It is used on all Silver Peak NX, VX, and VRX products and includes the following real-time network optimization techniques:
- Silver Peak's patent-pending Network Memory™ technology to significantly reduce the amount of data traversing the WAN and make sure of LAN-like application performance
- Network acceleration techniques to overcome WAN latency
- Network integrity features to mitigate the effects of packet loss across the WAN, including robust quality of service (QoS) policies to make sure applications are prioritized appropriately and given adequate network resources
Together, NetApp and Silver Peak provide secure and reliable data backup and recovery and make enterprise data protection more cost effective.
- Reduce transfer times over WAN
- Maximize WAN bandwidth utilization
- Reduce packet delivery errors
- Protect more data to off-site locations
- Recover data more quickly
- Extend distances between data centers